Saturday, August 7, 2010

In My Next 30 Years...

I will try to have as much fun as we packed into my long 30th birthday weekend! Words cannot express how much fun was had!

To begin, the weekend before my birthday was also the weekend of the first Greenbrier Classic in a long time at the Greenbrier Hotel. With the PGA came a lot of activity, including concerts with Rascal Flatts, Carrie Under wood, and Brad Paisley. So Thursday night, Jeremy and I headed to the Rascal Flatts concert. They put on a great show!

Friday was supposed to include Jeremy and I going out to dinner, then my local girlfriends coming over to surprise me at home with cake and a little party. I will admit I was a little disappointed with Jeremy for telling me about the surprise and thought it was odd that he would not be doing a whole lot for my 30th, since I threw a surprise party for his 30th and totally got him. It did occur to me that Jeremy might want to try to outdo me...and boy did he. :)

As we left the restaurant, who should appear around the corner, but my dear, wonderful friend, Carolee! All the way from West Texas. My chin hit the ground, I burst into tears (something about this girl always has me crying when I see her), and I could barely carry on a conversation as we were directed to walk over to the lawn of Carnegie Hall, where an outdoor concert was playing, and my party was only beginning!

I have to give props to Jeremy. He is terrible with surprises and had been planning this since March!! He took Noah home and paid for me and all of my friends to have a night out on the town in L'burg!

We started out with a yummy cake made by Kala.


Then headed to Del Sol.


Kala, Paula, and Carolee

Stephanie



Then we moved the party to the Sweet Shoppe, which I was warned would be a little rough. It ended being the most fun! A bluegrass band was playing and we danced the mountain jig! Carolee took this absolutely priceless picture with the old guy who tried to haul me off the dance floor.


Just jiggin' with Laura and Paula.


Just us girls dancing the jig.



The end of the night, if you can't tell. :)

The next day we used our PGA passes to visit the golf tournament and show Carolee the hotel. Here is Noah petting one of the Anhueser-Busch clydesdales. Sorry, no cameras allowed on the course.




Then, Saturday afternoon and evening, Jeremy took care of Noah while Carolee and I shopped downtown and went to see Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley.


Both were awesome performers. Carrie sang "Jesus, Take the Wheel" and then burst into "How Great Thou Art". Such a worshipful moment. Then Brad started singing "Water" as he made his entrance and it poured on us for the whole concert. We left a little early and it was 64 degrees and we were soaked!

I had dreaded this birthday a bit but it turned out to be the most fun birthday ever! I am so blessed and so thankful to my awesome husband and sweet friends. I realized that Carolee and I had not spent that much time together since we graduated from HSU in 2003! I savored every moment.
To top it all off, Jeremy got me a morning at the Greenbrier Spa on my actual birthday. Wow. That place is wonderful. I enjoyed a massage, manicure, and pedicure. Thank you all for a fabulous milestone!


2 comments:

Alli said...

Glad you had a great one! I'm jealous of all the awesome concerts!

The Nutt House said...

Jeremy, you get major major props! Great job on giving Amy a fantastic 30th! Amy, welcome to the fabulous 30's club...this is the decade that gets even better with each passing year!
Stacie