Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Long Good-bye

On June 28, 2010, my Nanna, Helen Dotson Snider, passed away after suffering from Alzheimer's disease for several years. We have missed her for a long time. The ghost of her true self has been laid to rest. She is finally free.

I wasn't able to get back to Texas for the funeral and I hate that. I really miss home and everyone there. They said the funeral was nice, with a lot of people attending, and Pop sounds like he is doing well, considering the circumstances.

Alzheimer's doesn't get quite as much attention as some of the illnesses out there, particularly those that rob the young, but it is devestating nonetheless. Pray for a cure!


2 comments:

Alli said...

Amy, I was so sorry to hear about your family's loss but also thankful that your Nanna got to go home. I know that she was a very special lady!

Chris and Carolee said...

What a beautiful woman. I am sorry for your loss. My grandfather passed away in April and it was hard to say good bye for now. I liked how you said that she was free. I know that she meant a lot to you. Love you and I am praying for you, your family and for pop.