Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mother's Day & Springtime


This was the best I could get out of him! I took pictures with a balloon that came in a yummy little bouquet from our friends who joined us for Mother's Day lunch. Keith and Marissa will be celebrating Mother's Day themselves next year. :)




Mother's Day was very nice. Jeremy let me sleep in and made his famous fried chicken for lunch! I seem to have made a Mother's Day tradition out of requesting he make that for me. He and Noah got a sweet card for me, plus a purse from one of our local shops that I have been eyeing since we moved here. And a pretty necklace. Mother's Day is a nice deal! I even had fun shopping for pottery for our moms from our local downtown shops one day.


I can't tell you how A-MAY-ZING spring has been here! Heehee. After the terrible winter, all the trees and shrubs went crazy! I have never seen so many blooms and they occur in stages, so that once the first set of blooms is finished, another set begins. They might not have bluebonnets here, but WV does it up right.


I haven't taken nearly enough pictures but here are a few:


Tree in front of my house that I hated all winter and wanted to remove!


Blossoms from my rhododendron.



Some wildflowers I picked off the side of the road and an iris from nearby.




Hope your Mom's Day was beautiful!


No comments: