Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hello, West Virginia!

We arrived! We are officially here, cramming everything we thought we'd need for the next three months into a two-room hotel suite. :) It is a nice place and we are discovering all sorts of creative storage solutions!

We've already been out on two house-hunting expeditions. We have narrowed it down to two candidates. One is very new with stainless steel appliances and hardwood floors. The other was built in the 60s, great neighborhood, big trees, and a ton of space. It has a finished basement with an extra family room, kitchen, bath, laundry, and two extra bedrooms. It just needs some renovations, so we are meeting with a contractor to check on the possible cost and see if the owner would be willing to factor that into our offer. I really like this house and want to have a place for our families to stay when they visit. The other house is great but not so appealing when you think about cramming in relatives for several days at a time. And I would hate to send them to a hotel for much of their visit! We also have to consider resale within the next three years possibly.

For future reference, for $85 you can check a 60 gallon ice chest full of dry ice and frozen breastmilk! It made the trip, fully frozen. :) Now I just have to keep lactating for a while so I can handle the amount of calories I am taking in with us eating out every meal!

So far, I am loving it here. So charming and beautiful. We've explored some downtown shops and eaten some great food. Noah is handling it all well, although he does not want to let us out of his sight. This week Jeremy starts work and Noah and I have to get used to him being there a lot more! This week I am going to try to find a Mother's Day Out program for Noah and get him set up with a pediatrician.

We had a little fall photo shoot while out exploring the town.

































Moving halfway across the country is exhausting!


First taste of sweet pickle! He liked it!

2 comments:

Tina said...

I love the third picture!! Congrats on surviving the move!!

Chris and Carolee said...

Amy you look so Pretty in all of the pics. Noah of course it is handsome. I can not believe you guys are already gone. I am sorry with our schedule it didn't work out to get together. I will just have to come there and visit. It looks so pretty. Your last post made me cry it was hard for us to leave Lubbock and it took awhile for San Angelo to feel like home. The two homes sound great. I hope you get the one you want. I will be looking forward to pics.