Sunday, October 25, 2009

6 Months Old!




Better late than never.

Our sweet boy is getting so big. And cuddly. He insists on cuddling every morning around 5:30am and won't go back to sleep unless you hold him. We're working on it. :)

Here are the stats from his 6 month checkup on October 16th:
Weight: 15 pounds, 12 ounces (25%)
Height: 25.5 inches (25%)
Head: 16.5 (is this centimeters? I don't know.) (10%)

My boy has a small head, interesting considering that his dad and I have such large ones! I panicked a little bit when I got home because I thought he had lost weight since I last recorded it 6 weeks before. However, I just read the stat sheet wrong. But when I called, they said he did actually lose weight in between two previous appointments when we were battling allergies, but he is back on track now. Nice that I noticed, huh?
Noah is now interested in everything. He will dance a little bit by wagging his head side to side. He is starting to figure out how to scoot himself forward when on his tummy by hiking up his rear. He says "Da da da" all the time (which Jeremy loves) and is quite the babbler and squealer. Noah is a pretty happy boy and people comment on that a lot. But boy, can he throw a little fit! He laughs all the time and is really liking Daddy these days. Daddy is quite the comedian. (Noah does wonders for Jeremy's ego as well!) Noah can also sit up on his own for several seconds at a time. Sometimes I just watch him and think, "God, he is Beautiful." Good job!

I am still breastfeeding and am not giving myself a stop date anymore. I will re-evaluate after we get settled in West Virginia. He eats veggies for dinner and fruit with oatmeal for breakfast. I plan to add in lunch after we get settled as well.

Sorry, this is a brief as well as late post. The impending departure has taken over our lives these days.

No comments: