Thursday, September 17, 2009

It Was Not the "Break" I Had Envisioned...

I had just started thinking about how nice it would be if one of Noah's grandparents lived here in town so I could just drop him off with them, run errands, get some housework or shopping done, get a little time to myself....

When it hit me. Saturday night I came down with lovely stomach virus right after Noah went to bed. (Side note: What is up with these things?? I am an avid hand washer. I already had one last January or February while I was pregnant. I blamed it on pregnant women being more susceptible.) The more serious problem was that Jeremy was leaving town on business at 6:00am, right about the time Noah would be waking up for the day. He was to be gone until late Tuesday evening and my mom made plans to take off work and come stay with us.

Luckily, my mom did me the biggest favor ever. I owe her. Once again. She drove to my house at midnight and then took care of Noah for me...during the night and when he got up in the morning. I wanted to avoid getting too close to him and getting him sick. I think I am finally back to normal now. Thank you Mimi for saving us.

Today I am getting a whole day to get some things done. :) I have been neglecting the blog lately, so this was high on my list. Unfortunately, my computer still refuses to recognize that the camera is plugged into it, so I can't upload my photos. And I've been too lazy to try to do it from Jeremy's Mac. Soon!

No comments: