Thursday, September 10, 2009

Five Months Old!

And I haven't managed to post anything about our trip last weekend, but it's coming. I promise. Just need to collect a few pics from the Nutt House and find a little time....

Noah is doing so well these days, despite a few hiccups. Unfortunately, we had a sudden change of babysitter so he is now staying with a new one, away from home. This week has been an adjustment with me getting up earlier and leaving way earlier just to drive him 5 miles to the sitter but it seems to be going pretty well. She only keeps "teacher's kids" and has just her 2 year old plus one other baby to watch. I love my job. I love that I only work part-time so I can have time with Noah and I love that I work part-time so that I can get out into the real world some too! It helps me appreciate my Thursdays and Fridays at home.

We finally shanked (am I using this word right?) the old random 2:00am feedings and Noah has slept from about 7:00pm to 6:00am the last 2 nights in a row without making a peep! Its amazing. Now I just have to retrain my brain to stop waking up at 4:30 to listen for him. The only difficulty is that he doesn't go back to sleep until 7:30 anymore and is more tired during the day because he still does not nap well. Maybe I have just had it in my mind that all babies nap for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. I really, really want him to. The best we get is 30 or 45 minutes for each nap, occuring 2 or 3 times a day. I keep hoping that this will be fixed somehow, maybe now that he doesn't sleep quite as long at night, but no such luck yet.



He can now sit up by himself for a few seconds at a time before he throws himself over. This is a brand new thing I discovered last night. Check out the pics. And last Sunday, he managed to flip over from back to tummy for the first time!

We have discovered that Noah has some allergy issues, which seems to be why he has been so hoarse the past couple of days. It's funny when he tries to squeal and shriek (which he does a lot) and it makes him much more pathetic when he cries. :) I took him to the pediatrician on September 1st to have the allergies checked before we flew (yes, I am that mom I guess) and he weighed in at 15 pounds 8 oz. No well-check this month so that's the best I can do for stats. Somehow, we ended up with a boy with light brown hair and hazel eyes. I don't think he has the blue eyes I prayed for anymore. :) I still hold out hope that his hair will turn blond since Jeremy and I were both so blond as kids.

Last night, after bathtime, Jeremy and I were getting Noah lotioned up and ready for bed, and Jeremy was making that "wet razzing" sound (as the What to Expect book calls it) and Noah was imitating him to the best of the his ability. We laughed and it was so cute, it almost brought a tear to my eye. He is just so sweet lately. He gives me hugs around the neck (at least I call them hugs) after I get him out of bed and he actually cuddles with me every now and then! He also pulls my hair and tries to eat my face, but oh well. I just pretend he's trying to give me a kiss and hasn't quite figured it out yet.




2 comments:

Chris and Carolee said...

So cute. He is getting so big. Just wait until he starts giving you really kisses. Caroline give us kisses complete with a kissing noise. It melts my heart every time.

The Nutt House said...

Hi girl! Call me...I think I might know what's wrong with your camera software. Is Photoshop opening up when you plug in your camera? Stacie