Tuesday, April 22, 2014

And Then It All Changed

In one moment, just like that.

And I am soooo far behind on the old blog.  Why am I struggling so much with this?  Is it because I get overwhelmed by backlog?  Is it because I am lazy?  Is it because my old laptop is no more and I have yet to figure out how to get the Canon software on my new Surface so I can easily download photos from my camera (I have an email in to Canon.)?  Is it because there are weightier things to be said that I am searching for a little courage on?  Is it because of the nerves running through me right now because God might be asking something of me?  Yes. To all of those.

So, obviously, God moved us to Houston.  You know that verse, "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away..."  Well, then he brought us to Arkansas just 4 months later.  Wow.  The story, well, its just the stuff of God.  There is no other explanation.  I am not able to go into the details, unfortunately.  Suffice it to say, Jeremy received the opportunity to return to work for his previous company, whom we hold very dear, in the exact position we prayed and hoped for last summer.  Our Father loves us, and teaches us, and has a sense of humor.  I have got to learn to heed the Spirit.

And, here we are.  The 4 of us Barclays, living in a hotel suite, in Bentonville, AR.  Yes, we're coming up on 4 weeks of hotel life.  No, there is no end in sight.  Ok, there is, but it could be 2 or 3 months down the road.  Pray with me on this house search.  I am praying specifically for a place for the Lord to use and work in.  For a space to accommodate the people who don't live there, just as much, if not more, than to accommodate the ones who do.  The waiting, the in-between, the limbo, can be so wearisome. Especially when you are in a hurry to take off and fly and do big things.  God, of course, is never in a hurry or late.


No comments: