Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Down Low

Pictures courtesy of Samantha, who sends me plenty of great ones!

So what's been going on in our day-to-day grind lately? Sickness! For 3 weeks straight, either Noah or I was sick. It started with the old hand, foot, & mouth, and switched over to this weird cold/allergy thing with a cough. After basically 4 days of fever, I requested from our pediatrician that we go ahead and try some antibiotics, feeling like a sinus infection made the most sense. The next day, the fever was gone! So relieved because being at home was really getting to both of us. We are ready for some fun...and good sleep!

Two cute buddies hanging out.

We also held a cookout at our house last Saturday evening and invited everyone we know around these parts to come out and meet our friends, Ross & Kelly, who just moved to the area. Fun was had by all but Noah, who was just not feeling his best. Sadly, I did not take any pictures.








The gang at Samantha's house, adorned in Froot Loop necklaces.





I must blog about our latest mishap from this morning, even though I'm pretty sure there's no way I could ever forget it. This morning, Noah and I headed out of the house to go to Wal-Mart. I hit the button on the garage door opener, as I have done a hundred times, and we go out into the garage. I go over to the fridge and get a drink out. This couldn't have taken more than 5 or 10 seconds. I hear screaming, look over, and see Noah dangling from the ceiling. Yes, dangling. Apparently, he caught hold of the door as it went up and just never let go. I rush over and lift him down, thinking his poor fingers must be trapped. Talk about a moment of sheer panic. But, no, he is just holding on for dear life, hanging like a little monkey from the garage door. He cried and I think was just scared, but then on the way to Wal-Mart I started giggling, which made Noah start laughing, and we both laughed the whole way. It was hard to decide if I should keep shaking or just laugh. That was truly one of the funniest, and initially scariest, sights I've ever seen. Too bad there wasn't time for a camera! :)


Tomorrow we head out on a quick overnight trip to San Antonio. I have been dying to take advantage of our already paid-for Sea World passes and a free stay at the Hyatt Place on the Riverwalk, compliments of my Chase Freedom card! Cheap, mini-family vacations rock! Wish us luck and safer adventures. :)

1 comment:

The Nutt House said...

I am ab-so-freakin-lutely LOVING your new page theme. so pretty! The pics are great too. Miss you guys. S