Sunday, December 13, 2009

Eight Months Old



As you can see, pictures have not been easy to capture lately.
On December 1, I took Noah to meet his new pediatrician, Dr. Ryan. He got his wonderful H1N1 vaccine too! What concerned me was that he has only gained about 4 ounces in the last 6 weeks and has fallen into the 5th percentile on weight. The doctor wasn't too concerned and told me not to worry, that we would just watch it. He weighed in at exactly 16 pounds.

Until recently, Noah has been all about the daddy. I guess we have entered the separation anxiety stage because he has become quite the Mommy's boy lately. He still loves to play and laugh with Daddy but if I hand him off and walk away, you would think I had abandoned him forever. I'm trying not to play into it too much and know that it will pass before I know it. One day, I'll be begging for hugs! :)

Noah and his babysitter are getting along great these days and I am enjoying my two mornings to myself. I can't imagine how I'll get anything done once I have a whole (larger) house to take care of! We are working on him being content to play by himself for a while.

He continues to be very friendly and flirts with anyone he sees. He looks confused when strangers do not acknowledge him. I don't understand it either, seeing as how he is the cutest boy I've ever seen. Noah is starting to pull up on all fours and rock a bit, and sometimes drags himself forward by putting his hands together and pulling. I'm sure the crawling will begin just in time to explore his new house! Still no teeth! He is currently recovering from his first cold. Since finger foods are still a little difficult to coordinate (he can't figure out how to get the Cheerio or puff from his fist to his mouth), I bought him some Baby Mum Mum bars after a friend told me about them. They are so cool and funny to watch him eat.


3 comments:

Alli said...

Love the dancing! And Jeremy sounds about as excited about his kid wearing turtlenecks as J is. Jake wears them anyway, though! Love you guys!

Chris and Carolee said...

He is so adorable. Caroline did not get her first tooth until 11 months and then it seemed like they all started coming at once. Get ready! I am excited that you guys are getting your house, can't wait to see pics.

Brooke said...

I am so happy for you that you will be in your new house soon. Lets see some pics already!